Friday, November 15, 2013

Mom,Dad,Buy the broccoli

My response to the article "Mom, Dad, Buy the Broccoli," by Editorial is that advertisements for junk foods should be cut down. The article seems to be concerned with kid’s health. The council of Better Bureaus is working out to provide healthier foods and lifestyle for kids by cutting down advertisements for selling junk foods.
 I agree with author’s point of view that less advertisement leads to less junk food consume by kids. Since we all know that kids are more stubborn then adults, once they see advertisement of combo offer in McDonald then kids are dying to get it. So it’s better to cut advertisements for junk foods. It helps kids to focus in homemade cook food like broccoli, greens, vegies etc. Since kids don’t have any choices in foods, kids are force to eat healthy foods. In the same time reading books with colorful pictures of all veggies help kids to eat and love healthy foods.
Once kids have a habit with eating healthy foods they will live their life healthier. Kids can figure out changes in them self. Kids feel more energetic and smart than before. They will understand real food   taste, which they don’t get in junk foods.
Junk foods consume lots of fats, calories, sweeter etc. it leads kids to face with different diseases like diabetes, weight gain etc. So once kids have a habit with healthy foods they will get all nutrition which help kids to live in normal size and happy life.
Eat green and cook food, be healthy and wealthy. Always keep in mind that junk foods kill us.
I can compare this essay with myself. When I was new in this country I didn’t know how to cook food, so I prefer to have a junk food. I still remember that there was a big board with delicious food like pizza, burger etc. that trigger me to grab it. The taste was really good and it was easy too, so I was kind of regular customer in that store. Later on I realized that I keep gaining my weight. In the same time I feel so lazy. I consulted with my doctor. She recommended me no more junk. Junk was killing me. So I learned to cook food and always had a homemade food. It helps me to live healthy.
Healthier foods make kids smart and energetic.  It leads kids to live their life healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment