Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tsering dicky.
 Hype is a short article written by Kalle Lasn published in "in signs of life in the USA: readings on popular Culture
The title "Hype" is based on, How number of advertisements is increasing however, it does not go through where it should be. In addition, Lasn mentions about the development of technology.

Advertisement plays an important role for businessman to grow their business. Since lots of advertisement are being posted in billboard and million ads are shown in radio and television as a result it leads to prevalent and toxic of the mental pollutants.

 I agree with authors point of view that "The increase in commercial advertising has happened so steadily and relentlessly that we have't quite woken up to the absurdity of it all." Instead of increasing in business, advertisements keep polluted our mind; however, it provide information about the products which we need to buy. In the same time multiply advertisements in between the interesting show keep disappointed us the viewer.

 Kalle lasn mentions some examples regarding different types of ads such as,scrolls in the little window of machine in bank, ads shown on the nozzle in gas station, the most powerful micro-marketing medium. This type of advertisements are really informative, knowledgeable and helpful to people.                           
   I salute to those technologies which really make peoples life easy.
 When I was new in this country I didn't had any idea to use automated machine. I was really in trouble at the time. I didn't had any guts to ask people for help as I was a shy person, later on I realized that instruction was shown on the screen. I believe there is too much similar kind of ads for different purpose, which really helps for people who don’t have any idea to operate any technology thing like automatic machine.

My friend's brother, he is only 14 years old. He is doing his high school. He keeps asking for 5s I phone even though he have I phone 5. The advertising on television really attracts his mind. The ads make him crazy to get it. He sold his new Nick shoes, G-shock watch, games etc. He was ready to sale more stuff but before he does so his parents know about it. His parents was disappoint with him because of his behavior.

Therefore, I feel that too much hype is not beneficial. Especially for young generation.








No comments:

Post a Comment